Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation challenge

The authorities of Sudan has launched tender seeking consultants to assist within the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture entails installation of 1,a hundred and seventy solar irrigation pumps within the nation. Successful consultants will provide engineering and supervision companies, design of photo voltaic water pumping systems, in accordance with the necessities of each farm.
The corporations may even provide help to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the installation and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The companies will also assist the venture implementation unit via technical and monetary supervision to ensure that all works are carried out based on the contract specs. The consultants may also participate within the development actions and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping systems
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps will be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is mostly skilled because of the arid local weather and climate change, with a adverse influence on agricultural yields, based on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
pressure gauge น้ำ will be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food security, the venture aims to cut back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human well being and the setting. Interested corporations have till September 14th, 2021 to use.
The irrigation project is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% might be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African institution indicates that the set up of the solar pumps might be completed by December thirty first, 2025.

Scroll to Top